Matched Betting Terminology A-Z
Whilst using our Facebook Group, you might see members using various abbreviations and jargon that you're not familiar with.
We've made this post to help make sure you don't feel like you're drowning in confusing abbreviations and unexplained terminology!
Matched Betting A-Z
- Acca (Accumulator): A bet with a minimum of 4 bets/outcomes combined. All legs must win for the acca to win.
- AGS/FGS/LGS: (Anytime/First/Last) Goalscorer.
- Arb (Arbitrage): A bet placed in which the back odds are higher than the lay odds. Unless it’s a promotion (price boost/flash odds), avoid these for account health.
- Asian Handicap: A market in which you would back or lay the amount of goals that the team would win by.
- Back bet: The FOR bet placed at the bookie.
- Betting Exchange: The website where you place lay bets (bets AGAINST the outcome).
- BF: Betfair.
- BFSB: Betfair Sportsbook.
- BJ: Blackjack. Often the best way to wager a bonus as it has a high return to player.
- BOG (Best Odds Guaranteed): An offer that pays out at higher odds if the horse's odds have increased in between the initial bet and the start of the race. e.g. we bet £5 on a horse at 2.0, it starts the race at 3.0 and it wins. We return £15 in stead of £10.
- Bonus: Non-withdrawable cash that the bookie or casino will give you. Usually must be wagered a set amount of times before you can withdraw it. e.g. 40x wagering.
- BTTS: Both teams to score.
- Commission: The % of your winnings that you pay to the exchange on lay bets.
- DDHH (Double Delight, Hatrick Heaven): An offer from Betfred. DDHH Guide.
- Drifted: When back or lay odds have increased substantially over a period of time.
- Dutching: Placing a back bet or series of back bets at various bookies instead of laying at the exchange.
- E/W (Each Way): A type of horse racing bet where your stake is in two parts. One is to win and the other is to place.
- EV (Expected Value): The average of what you would win from a casino offer.
- Free bet SNR (Stake Not Returned): A bet type on the calculator used for free bets as the stake is very rarely included in the winnings from free bets.
- FS (Free Spins): Free chances at winning on casino slots.
- Gubbing: Being heavily restricted by a bookmaker and no longer allowed to take part in promotional offers or receive free bets.
- GG (Golden Goal): A football offer from William Hill in which if your team scores first, you are paid out as a winner.
- Lay bet: The AGAINST bet that is placed at the exchange.
- LC: Live Chat.
- Lock in: Complete an offer in a way that guarantees profit no matter the outcome.
- Liability: The amount that you need in your exchange account to place the lay bet and the amount you would lose if your exchange/lay bet loses.
- Liquidity: The amount of money available in the exchange for a certain market. With no liquidity, our lay bet won't be matched.
- Matched Bet: Your lay bet has been taken as there was enough liquidity in the market at the odds you asked for.
- Minimum Odds: The lowest odds at which we can bet to trigger an offer. Usually between 1.5 and 2.0.
- Normal Bet Type: The bet type to select on the calculator when placing a trigger/qualifying bet or doing a sports bonus wager/rollover.
- NR (Non-Runner): A horse has been withdrawn from a race. Both back and lay bets will be voided and we'll get our money back.
- OP: Original Post.
- Outplayed: The leading Matched Betting subscription service. Grab a 7 day trial here.
- Overlay: When you lay more than standard. (Results can be seen on Advanced Mode on the calculator).
- Partially Matched Bet: Part of our lay bet has been taken, but not all of it.
- QL (Qualifying loss): The small loss that is made when placing the back and lay bets for a trigger bet.
- RF: Risk Free.
- RTP (Return To Player): This is the percentage, on average, a slot gives back to the player in terms of winnings. e.g. a 96% RTP slot, on average, gives back 96p for every £1 wagered.
- Rule 4: The deduction made to odds when a horse has been withdrawn from a race.
- SP (Starting Price): The odds of a horse/team when it has gone inplay (i.e. the event has just started).
- T&Cs (Terms and Conditions): The rules for completing an offer e.g. minimum odds, wagering requirement (for casino offers), maximum stake.
- Underlay: Laying less than the standard amount. (Results can be seen on advanced mode on the calculator). Underlay Guide.
- Unmatched Bet: Your lay bet has not been taken as there was not enough liquidity in the market at the odds you asked for or the odds have changed from what you requested.
- Wagering or Wagering Requirements: The amount of times a bonus or winnings need to be played though before it is converted into withdrawable cash.
- 2up: An offer by Bet365 and PaddyPower in which, if the football team you've backed goes 2 goals up in a game, you are paid as a winner regardless of the match result. 2up Guide.
There are 3 easy ways to get help with Team Profit:
Live Chat - Chat with one of us any time we're online. See the chat module at the bottom right of site.