Paddy Power - Money Back If Selected Horse Wins
Paddy Power sometimes offer your stake back as a free bet if a selected horse wins in a selected race.
Eligible races can normally be found in the promotions section. The offer isn't very frequent, however when it is on then it's usually just the one race on that particular day.
Selected Races Only
Max free bet £10 per customer per race
Minimum 5 runners.
Applies to first bet on race and singles placed pre-race only
There will be one horse in the race (Pinatubo being the example in the image above) that must win the race in order for us to get our free bet. It is vital that we do not bet on this horse. We have two options for approaching this offer:
Option 1 - Bet and Hope
- Bet £10 on any horse other than the specified horse
- Place your lay bet on the exchange and hope that the specified horse wins
Option 2 - Lock In (Requires Oddsmonkey)
- Choose any horse other than the specified horse. You're going to bet £10 on this horse
- To work out your lay bet, open Oddsmonkey's Trigger Bet Calculator
- Fill out the blue and red boxes as follows: Back Stake £10, Back odds of your chosen horse, Free bet Award £10, Free Bet Retention 80%, Lay odds of your horse, Lay commission,
- Fill out the trigger bet lay as follows: Method normal, Lay Odds of Paddy's specified horse, Lay Commission
- Now bet £10 on your horse
- Lay your horse as normal using the amount in the "lay stake" box
- Lay Paddy's specified horse with the amount in the "lay stake" box at the bottom under the "trigger bet lay"
There are 2 possible outcomes:
1) Paddy's Specified Horse wins; you receive a £10 free. If you have locked in profit already then you'll need to retain £8 from the free bet to make the profit displayed on the calculator.
2) Paddy's Specified Horse doesn't win; you don't receive a freebie and so will only have profited if you locked in.
There are 3 ways to ask for help with Team Profit:
Live Chat - Chat with one of us any time we're online. See the chat module at the bottom right of site.