Paddy Power - Money Back If Selected Horse Wins
Paddy Power regularly offer your stake back as a free bet if a selected horse wins in a race.
Eligible races can normally be found in the promotions section. This offer tends to run on one race per day on Saturdays and during large racing meets.
Selected Races Only
Max free bet £10 per customer per race
Minimum 5 runners.
Applies to first bet on race and singles placed pre-race only
There will be one horse in the race (Pinatubo in our above image example) that must win the race in order for us to get our free bet. It is vital that we do not bet on this specified horse. We have two options for approaching this offer:
Option 1 - Bet and Hope
- Bet £10 on any horse other than the specified horse.
- Place your lay bet on the exchange
Option 2 - Lock In (Requires Oddsmonkey)
- Choose any horse other than the specified horse. To work out your lay bet, follow these instructions
- Open Oddsmonkey's Trigger Bet calculator here
- Fill out the blue and red boxes as follows: Back Stake £10, Back odds of your chosen horse, Free bet Award £10, Free Bet Retention 80%, Lay odds of your horse, Lay commission,
- Fill out the trigger bet lay as follows: Method normal, Lay Odds of Paddy's specified horse, Lay Commission
- Now bet £10 on your horse
- Lay your horse as normal using the amount in the "lay stake" box
- Lay Paddy's specified horse with the amount in the "lay stake" box at the bottom under the "trigger bet lay"
There are 2 possible outcomes:
1) Paddy's Specified Horse wins; you receive a £10 free bet, from option 1 you use this to lock in around £7, or £2 or so from option 2
2) Paddy's Specified Horse doesn't win; you have lost on option 1, but locked in on option 2